Wednesday 22 February 2012

Writing for the ZINE contents

Zine content sections to consider:
Artist bio's 
Our own Bio's
contact details.








Book club (who we are and what we do)
We are Book Klub a local printed design based shop that has its own printing facility. We specialize in printing and selling printed designs from the local and up-coming designers of Leeds to the people of Leeds. Our aim is to promote printed work from young local designers with strong connections to Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan and Leeds College of Art. 
We pride ourselves on having some of the best new young design work around focusing ourselves on Leeds area as a store to promote local talent both students, graduates, design agencies and freelance. Our shop floor showcases various products ranging from poster, t-shirts, tote bags, books and zines.

Events
We have a bi monthly pop up shop around London and Manchester to promote work outside of Leeds. The Company is shared between four associates, Marketing Director, Financial Director, Creative Director and Retail manager. 

Prices
As a company we sell printed work from other up-coming designers, which they send in themselves at a rate of 20% commission, we also operate under sale or return policy. We also provide a high quality printing service using a 44-inch EPSON, which produces the finest quality output without compromising massive costs. Our shop also has screen-printing facilities, creating work unto size A2. For these of these printed outcomes we offer a low cost of 30% commission and sell your work in our shop. 

Our service allows designers the opportunity to send in their designs to a shop which will take care of the printing and selling of their products without them having to worry about it, a lot of designers do not have the facilities to screen print their designs or to sell them locally and we offer that solution. 

Location
6 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9HZ.
Our retail space is located within a 15-minute walk outside the city centre, which is walking distance between the Universities, right outside Leeds University and Leeds College of Art.


Art School Wank

Art School Wank was born from a general distaste for art & design rhetoric, spurred by an education filled with box ticking and inane buzzwords and topics that eventually inspired the question - "BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN­!?"
The creative world is full of bullshitters, who believe their own personal brand of bollocks so fundamentally that they can't even make an objective joke about it, or realise when someone is poking fun of them. It may be stupid but I was quite shocked when people were upset at being called out on this, I thought that creative folk were meant to be open to all ideas, embracing of diverse and obscure concepts, maybe I'm just as bad for believing in this stereotype...
Thus my work began to develop it's own humorous style, 'dropping truth bombs' on the whole art & design community, or so I'd like to think, mostly I just do things because I think they're funny.
So here I am, trying to strike a balance between being a pleasing designer while maintaining a distinctive witty style, don't get me wrong, I don't do it because I think I'm better than you, it's not to belittle you or make you feel stupid, I would simply like people to see that it's culture, it's meant to be enjoyed, get out of your Helvetica gilded tower and stop taking everything so seriously! *
*I realise I'm guilty of everything that I make fun of, IT'S A JOKE GUYS!

Contact- ­­Martin Jessop
mail: hello@artschoolwank.com | phone: +44 (0)7540 643 890 | ­twitter: @artschoolwank
http://www.artschoolwank.com/







Jonny Packham
This is Jonny Packham, a.k.a JAYPEE - Leeds (UK) based illustrator and designer. He graduated the year 2011 from Leeds College of Art. JAYPEE works largely with vector based illustration and is focused on print based distribution for editorial and promotional material such as tees, posters and promotional campaigns.
JAYPEE also produces installation work for retail/ personal environments. This ranges from wall painting to vinyl stickers.
If you would like to commission JAYPEE for some illustrative work, be it promotional illustration for your band, art for your room or shop, or anything else illustrated, please feel free to get in touch.
CONTACT 
Phone: +44 (0) 7821401576
Email: hello@jonnypackham.co.uk
http://www.jonnypackham.co.uk/

Drew Millwood

Drew likes to draw ‘the old fashioned way’, using pencils, pens and a love of the craft of illustration. While his subject matter can vary dramatically, he hopes that the attention to detail and the love of drawing is apparent throughout his work.
He has exhibited throughout the US, UK, Europe and beyond, as well as having the pleasure of creating work for an ever growing international client base.­
‘Drew Millward is actually able to see (and then accurately depict) the benign terror of what’s just beyond our world. What’s out there is potentially malevolent, but Drew is able to approach from such an angle that the Terror is not alerted, and we all get to see the inhuman, eternal awfulness as if we were watching a BBC nature program.’
Jay Ryan – Artist, Illustrator and owner of The Bird Machine.
hello@drewmillwood.com
http://drewmillward.com/2012/welcome








Memo






hi there, my name is Helen, my surname is Entwisle and my alias is memo.


I am a freelance illustrator and screen printer currently based in Leeds. I graduated from norwich school of art and design in 2007 with a first class degree in visual studies. My work includes hand drawn and screen-printed illustration, self-published zines, greetings cards, hand printed stationery, limited edition prints, tote bags and accessories. I put together a collaborative zine called ten fingers.
I am available to teach a range of workshops including intro to screen printing and zine making, let me know if you need a tutor.

 I'm available to take on commissions, please get in touch if you have a project you'd like me to work on. I also offer my products on a wholesale basis, please email if you'd like to stock my products.
contact: memoillustration@gmail.com (+44)7855 41358
http://hellomemo.com/


Sarah Roberts
I’m a currently studying at Leeds college of Art on a design degree. Ever since I can remember I have been a full time doodler, as a child that’s all I would ever do. I still love to draw and also have developed an interest in typography and layout. When I’ve not slaving away at university or letting my hair down, I make things.
Email: sarahlroberts@hotmail.co.uk






Matt Reid Design (aka Godisdad Design)
As a freelance illustrator and designer based in East London, I like to spread my time across an array of creative outlets. Firmly believing one should never become complacent and that experimentation with new techniques is the key to self development in an ever evolving market.

I produce high quality digital and print artwork for clientele across the UK and have worked with numerous brands, record labels, promotional outlets and musicians. I've created a vast array of product packaging, promotional material, apparel, letterhead, magazine layout and more.

Key areas of experience:
Illustration
Typography
Multi-page Layout
Product Packaging
Corporate Identity
Letterhead
Apparel
Posters & Flyers
Business Cards
Screenprinted Posters

Software experience:
Photoshop | Illustrator | Indesign
Quark Xpress | Flash | Dreamweaver

For a more indepth copy of my CV contact: godisdaddesign@gmail.com

http://cargocollective.com/mattreiddesign/WHO

No comments:

Post a Comment