Friday 21 October 2011

Enterprise Task THREE

ENTERPRISE TASK THREE
LINKED TO LECTURE 3
HOW WILL I PROMOTE MYSELF?


WHAT DO 'THEY' WANT TO HEAR?


They want to hear something unique, something different. In todays climate everyone is compeating even if you do not actiifly take part your work is being judged and you yourself too. Thousands of students graduate every year from u ivercity from a Design degree and I need something to give me a edge. But waht could that be?
The absolute worst thing to do would be nothing. Nobody takes interest in anyone who is not cinfidient and sure of themselves and their work abilities. My understnding is absolutly anything is better than nothing.
They want to hear personality and someone they could get along with, not even that, just something with a opinion, with something to say. Although desgn is important some skills can be easily taught.


WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO 'THEM'?
I need to start thinking about contacting ferms dirrectly. So I need to devise a marketing plan, helping me figure out how I can open as much oppertunities to myself as possible.
I need to figure out what sort of designer I am. If I'm a entrepenour I need to focus my efforts on trying to make links with the outside world in mind to set up business on my own. I need to know how I will work and how to sell myself. Where as If i am a worker as I team I need to be able to show that I can intergrate well with outher epople and can switch ideas around easily.
Personally I am more of a team player, so my aim is companies that may want to employ me, and companies that I am interested in.
I need to create work that states that I am all of these things above.


HOW WILL I COMMUNICATE WITH 'THEM'?


Through a series of internet methods, I can create my own website, a blogger, a twitter, a Behance. Make my work known online. Social Networking is key to my working being seen. 
Obviously I should let them hear me through frist hand contact, I should get a email address or a telephone number of a company or free lancer who I like and try and maintain a relationship. 
I need to send creative CV's into their work spaces and make myself remorable, ever if it's sendng something funny. Again if i hear nothing I must persist. 





No comments:

Post a Comment