Friday 21 October 2011

Enterprise Task Four



ENTERPRISE TASK FOUR 
LINKED TO LECTURE 4






Strenghs 
Weaknesses 
Oppertunities
Threats.



WHO AM I COMPETING AGAINST?


Atelier Martino&Jaña
WEBSITE


In 2000 Atelier Martino&Jaña came together to form two seperate designers Joña Martino and Alejandra Jaña.
Today they claim to be a eclectic and pliralistic team that shares motivations and ideals.


WHAT DO THEY OFFER?
At the moment their website is under construction so I can only see their work on Behance (this is where I fisrt stumbled upon their work. 
It's plane to see that as a collabortation they work on mainly EDITORIAL pieces.  
The only work on Behnace is eamples of their design of the JAZZ journals. 
You can tell from a instant that their work is very professional and definatly high grade they always have  atheme throughout their designers with it being either one colour use or patterns. This links all parts of their publications together. I absolutly love the layout, it's nothing out of the ordinary, nothing to crazy but acompanied by little decorative eliments gives it such a impressive finish. They have over 1000 likes on each piece of design on their behance with one rating 2456 likes, so they must be doing something right.


WHAT MAKES ME BETTER?
I don't agree with this question, I am not better. I am not be littling them.


WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT?


I guess I am my own person and I could maybe bring something different to the table. So say that I am better is a massive lie.
I suppose I am still in education so may work can be far more experimental. I will also be based in England so I will have the upper hand for designing in the UK. However I think most of their work is from portugal.
I like illuatration so I could bring more Infographic elements to the table.
But to be quite honest I love this company and I could do no better.


I think it is great to take inspiration from these two designers as they clearly have thier style down to a t and can use different approaches.

Open publication - Free publishing - More book

TWO
WHO AM I COMPETING AGAINST?
HEYDAYS
http://heydays.no/


Heydays is an Oslo-based design studio that creates strong visual concepts that trigger curiosity, create excitement and show ambition. We listen, research and challenge. We remove noise to add value.

FOUNDED IN 2008.


WHAT DO THEY OFFER?

Their strenghs are that they are large enough to take on a lead design role but small enough to carry each project from the beginning to the very end.

Since they ahve been founded they have been awarded with Norwegian and international design awards.
They work in the areas of: Graphic Design, Web & Interaction, Print & Editorial and Consultancy.

They always work side by side with the client . With only 5 membors it's a tight knit group allowing room for some great outcomes.


WHAT MAKES ME BETTER?
I am definatly not better.


WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT?
I am different because my education comes from England so I could bring something else to the company. Although they already have two Graphic Designers. 
At the moment they sate on their website they have no possitions for interns, so maybe they need to keep themselves in the loop. But I think their work is great. It is very varied and I definatly want to work for a small company similar size to this as my career. 
A threat could maybe be a company with a bigger budget, because they are relitively small they may not get alot of huge budget jobs, but to be honest I would prefer more local design or something with some umpth to it.

Open publication - Free publishing - More gd




TWO
WHO AM I COMPETING AGAINST?
DESIGN BY DAY

WHAT DO THEY OFFER?



They are a Manchester based design studio, consistently making nice websites, lovely print and establish brands. They also work with moving image.

Based in Manchester and Liverpool, they have to creative dirrectors, so they are bigger than the other companies I have looked at previous to this.


I wouldn't want to work for a company like this because their focus is definaly moving image, I much prefer editiorial, but I researched them to get a bit of varoety. I do think they are good at what they do though, it's just not wear my interests lie.



WHAT MAKES ME BETTER?
I am not better, they definatly have more skills than me. The only plus for me is that I grew up in Manchester so I know the area well, not that makes a difference.



WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT?
The focus mainly on moving image and Web design so I could bring more print based experience to the table, but they definatly will know everything I do. 



Unspooling SD from Design By Day on Vimeo.


Isambard High School from Design By Day on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment